Thinking about who to approach to grow your business can be tricky. I’ve been reading up on it lately and I came up with 5 steps to do it for my own business. But for example purposes, I’m going to use myself as the best or ideal client for a business that say, sells makeup.
- The business owner first thinks I want to sell makeup to everyone!
- But wait, only some people wear makeup. So drill down to everyone who wears makeup.
- If I were the target though I won’t buy just any makeup. If you drill down to just people who wear makeup with natural ingredients then you’d get my attention.
- Still, if I’m a busy entrepreneur I will be looking either online or in a natural food store, I’m already in, buying other products.
- So to target someone like me your product has to have natural ingredients and preferably be sold in a natural food store. Simple right?
How do you find your best client? Let me know in the comments below.