As president of Pat Creedon Design, Inc. my day starts with some set routines and some variable ones. Here are seven that seem to be effective for me.
- I set positive expectations for the day first thing. Sitting with my Siamese cat nearby or on my lap, I imagine a good outcome for whatever I have on my plate that day.
- I usually go to a networking meeting or have coffee (black, no sugar) with someone I’ve networked with or to whom I was referred. This happens 2-3 times each week.
- My accountability is kept on track with a couple of other business owners I chat with every weekday at set times. This has helped me a lot.
- I follow up with emails (up to 20 per day) because networking is pretty useless without follow-ups.
- I work on client projects ranging from book design to logos to email campaigns in Constant Contact to branded marketing materials of all sorts. It’s always different and interesting!
- Late in the day as things are winding down and I write my blog, design a graphic for it, and post it. I start a new post but wait to look it again the next day.
- I back up my computer!
Those are seven of my routines. What are yours? Get in touch, I’d love to know!